What Is Cybercrime?
Cybercrime is criminal activity that either targets or uses a computer, a computer network or a networked device. Most, but not all, cybercrime is committed by cybercriminals or hackers who want to make money. Cybercrime is carried out by individuals or organizations.
Example Of Cybercrime
Here, Are Some Most Commonly arising Cybercrime:
- The Fraud Did By Manipulating Computer Network
- Unauthorised access to or modification of data or application
- Intellectual property theft that includes software pirating
- Industrial spying and access to or theft of computer materials
- Writing or spreading computer viruses or malware
- Digitally distributing child pornography
Cybercrime Attack Types
Cybercrime can attack in various ways. Here, is some most common cybercrime attack mode:
It is an act of attaining unauthorised access to a computer system or network.
Denial Of Service Attack:
In computing, a denial-of-service attack is a cyber-attack in which the perpetrator seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting services of a host connected to the Internet.
Theft of software by illegally copying genuine programs or counterfeiting. This stealing includes copying, distributing, modifying or selling the software.
Pishing is a technique of extracting confidential information from the bank/financial institutional account holders by illegal ways.
Spoofing is the act of disguising a communication from an unknown source as being from a known, trusted source It is mostly used to get access to exclusive privileges enjoyed by that network or computer.
Cyber Crime Tools
There are many types of Digital forensic tools
It is a specially designed program for digital forensics and penetration testing.
Ophcrack is a free open-source program that cracks Windows log-in passwords by using LM hashes through rainbow tables.
This software allows an investigator to image and examine data from hard disks and removable disks.
SafeBack is mainly using for imaging the hard disks of Intel-based computer systems and restoring these images to some other hard disks.
md5sum is a computer program that calculates and verifies 128-bit MD5 hashes.
- Cybercrime is an unlawful action against any person using a computer, its systems, and its online or offline applications.
- The fraud did by manipulating computer network is an example of Cybercrime.
- Various types of Cyber crime attack modes are 1) Hacking 2) Denial Of Service Attack 3) Software Piracy 4) Phishing 5) Spoofing.
- Some important tool use for preventing cyber attack are 1)Kali Linux, 2) Ophcrack, 3) EnCase, 4) SafeBack, 5) Data Dumber
- It is a specially designed program for digital forensics and penetration testing.
- Ophcrack is a free open-source program that cracks Windows log-in passwords by using LM hashes through rainbow tables. The program includes the ability to import the hashes from a variety of formats, including dumping directly from the SAM files of Windows.
- SafeBack is mainly using for imaging the hard disks of Intel-based computer systems and restoring these images to some other hard disks.
- EnCase tool allows an investigator to image and examine data from hard disks and removable disks
- Data dumper is a command-line computer forensic tool.
- md5sum is a computer program that calculates and verifies 128-bit MD5 hashes, as described in RFC 1321.
I?m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll…
My family every time say that I amm killing my time here at net, except I know I am getting…
Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog…
Great article! This is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the net. Disgrace on Google…